I am kind of obsessed with subtle contouring. Being that I am so fair, I’m not into the whole Kim Kardashian look. I have a pear-shaped face, which means that I have a strong jaw and defined cheekbones. I can definitely get by without the extra work of contouring, but I love the definition it adds to my face.
I have been a follower of Maskcara for several years, and when she announced her IIID Foundation, I knew I had to get my hands on it:
"Our premier one of a kind IIID Foundation enhances skin tone, camouflages blemishes and dark circles, sculpts features, and creates the 'perfect lighting' on your face all in one application."
I am slightly jealous. It has always been a crazy dream of mine to create my own beauty product, and she did it! That takes guts! I finally got my hands on the product about a month ago.
I started with eye makeup, bareMinerals Original Foundation, Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup, and Benefit Cosmetics Fake Up Concealer. My skin doesn’t look terrible, but it could definitely use some color.
I ordered the IIID Foundation in Light, which includes highlight in "Linen," contour in "Walnut," blush in "Pink Grapefruit," and the illuminator in "Pearl". I also splurged on the brush, which Cara designed herself specifically to use with this palette.
I followed the included instruction card, and tweaked it a little for my face shape.
|When it comes to this product, blending is essential.|
Here is what I love about this palette:
- It is a compact, multi-use product. I can do my entire face with just one product and one brush.
- The illuminator is gorgeous. It’s not glittery at all, it literally does what it’s supposed to and draws light to the area you apply it on.
- I have never found a cream blush that I like, but I love this one. I could use it every day! It also doubles as a lip color, which I am wearing.
- The brush is very high quality, and I am excited to see how I like applying other products with it.
Here is what I don’t love:
- The highlight is too light for my fair skin. No matter how lightly I apply it, it is just too light.
- The contour is not nearly dark enough. I just keep layering and layering and layering, but the contour never shows up.
- The brush is not dense enough to apply the contour shade in the hollows of my cheeks. I felt as if a more dense brush was necessary.
- The staying power just is not there for me. In all fairness, foundation does tend to wear off fairly easy for me if I don’t use setting powder and spray.
Overall, I think this is a nice product. The blush and illuminator are gorgeous, and the brush is great quality. However, I will not be repurchasing IIID Foundation. The primary purpose of this product is to highlight and contour, and it simply does not work for me. I will stick with my trusty LORAC TANtalizer Highlighter & Matte Bronzer Duo.